Monday, October 25, 2010

WEDDING BLISS

Wedding bliss was in the air. We had surfed the morning, and we were now on track to arrive for the guys to get their tuxes and be fitted for everything. Austin met us there a bit late, which unfortunately wasn't the last time something or someone was late during the weekend. We got things done, and drove to the rehearsal. My favorite part of it was that I didn't have to do anything during the rehearsal! We next went to JoTo's, which was one of Austin's favorite places to eat, and we had a great meal. Morning came fast. I couldn't believe that Austin was getting married. Just like that we were in the Orlando temple with two of my favorite people in the whole world. It was so special. I felt bad for the family that couldn't come and couldn't be inside the temple, but I was so proud of Austin and Kenzie for making such a tough choice. The rest of the week was just fun. Bayba and Chris and I just hit the beach, surfed, swam, and played all Monday. I somehow didn't drink enough water, and the sunshine/humidity combo just ate me alive. Tuesday I was sick, I couldn't sleep, I was up all night, I was sick all day, I ached, and had a fever, and couldn't eat, and took pain meds and slept the whole day. By the end of the night things were ok, and I was able to play my last day which was Wednesday. We hit the beach for some waves, but there were none, and so we just swam and laid out on the beach. I couldn't believe that my week in paradise was almost already over. It was a sad fact for me, because it meant that not only was my vacation over, but it also meant I was over half way through the 7 week break that I had off from school. I flew into Salt Lake, and immediatly was in a rental car and on my way to Great Falls MT where Mom and Dad were waiting for me. I had been summoned home for my little sis' baptism and family pictures and things. I was so disappointed. I was going to miss the best concert ever. It was going to be Relient K, Something Corporate, Allred, Deathcab for Cutie, and Dashboard Confessionals in an acoustic show. It was crazy. It seemed like just as soon as I was home in Canada, I was back on the road to Utah taking Jessica to school. We moved her in and made a small vacation out of it. Just like that, my break was over. I waited around in Salt Lake for Austin and Kenzie to return from their honeymoon, and I picked them up from the airport, and just like that, we were on our way, but not without a stop at Moki's with Austin and my's son, Elder Echols. It was great fun, and then the drive was long and ready quiet!

1 comment:

  1. Justin I decided I want to take a vacation with you haha. I love that you get to have all these adventures! Next time you plan something take me with you k :) And we shall bring Jessica as well and it will be a grand time!

    ReplyDelete