Saturday, July 3, 2010

1,3,4 ,5

I know it seems like I can't count from the title, but I promise, the events of the 2nd are not nearly as important as the events of the 1,3,4 or 5. I can't even begin to explain how much I miss going home for July 1. Anyone who does not understand this, can ask any American who is living abroad how it feels for them to not be in the US on July 4. It is a very big deal for my town, especially because not only is it Canada's birthday, it is also Raymond's birthday as well. I missed it, 3 years in a row now, and I just wanted to go home, not be in class, and taking tests all weekend. Some professors have no mercy over long weekends. We almost got my D&C teacher to drop our quiz for the Canadians in our class, but we ended up still taking it, which I aced so it was no big deal, but then a miracle happened. For the first time ever in economics Chris and I did well! We played jeopardy for test prep. and we never answer, and the one time we did in previous games we went into the negatives. We, however, this time got 700 points, and no one else was even close. We won jeopardy by a landslide, and got bonus credit for our exam. It was a beautiful thing. I studied all afternoon for that test, and ended up doing pretty well. Psychology on Friday however.. was not as good. I studied all morning as well, but no matter how much studying I did, I can blame my knee for this EPIC failure. I was out of class 2 times, where the majority of the class we video lectures, which I missed, and which test questions I also missed. I do not like psychology, and I dislike my professor even more. He is the kind of person who wants you to KNOW that he is smarter than you at all costs.. including have tests that are INSANELY hard and then just flaunting all his smarts in class during lectures. Whoopty freaking doo.. you are a psychology professor at a church school were you have to take that class.. couldn't you find a real job? Man I just get so frustrated, why can't he be a little more vague in the test questions that happen to cover nearly 600 pages of a text book.... Do I need to just memorize the names index..... APPARENTLY so. But oh well... such is life...
Austin and I bucked hay today for several hours, and I am beat up. I told you that today's events just weren't that special. I did come home and clean a little bit, but less than I wanted to. I watched a great musical. "Chicago" was the title, and I loved it. It was all about deceit and lies, and presentation. It was amazing, and the cinematography was fantastic. I thought a lot about the correlation to my life, and that I am sure others have made. Haven't we at one point been in a situation where we in that moment, imagine ourselves doings something opposite, or doing what we are doing only we are famous and on stage and people love us while we do whatever we were doing. I often dream about being a performer, and would love that idea, and as I watched this film that was precisely what happened. Roxie would see herself doing things that weren't real, and I loved it.
Tomorrow brings excitement to me, its the "not" 4th of July day. My family is going to be coming to Rexburg! I am so excited for them to visit me, they haven't been here in since I have been to school, and know nothing about my new town. I am excited to see the fireworks with them, and to eat birthday cake with my almost 8 year old lil sis! They are here for the 3, 4, 5.. hence why the dates! I love them, and am excited to play hooky from church and have a picnic, and just spend some time with them. I hope I get all my cleaning done today, and we can just PARTAE and weekend long! No school Monday means either a hike or a 4 wheeling adventure... anybody have 6 four wheelers I can borrow? Please and thanks!? Well, I guess in short, my life is awesome, full of adventure, and hopefully having many more in store!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention how terribly depressed you are that your favorite sibling will not be attending that trip... I know I'm sitting here all alone and wanting to cry because I'm missing out!

    ReplyDelete