Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2 Semester Highlights so far!

This semester was turning out to be a lot more challenging than the first. I was able to maintain a 4.0 GPA during my first semester, which also gave me the opportunity for BYU I to pay for my tuition! I had to get into classes, and because of the system here I had a very difficult time getting anything that I wanted or needed. Online classes, and a few other not so exciting classes filled my schedule at first, all the while the pressures of keeping my grades high lingered in the balance. I need to have my tuition paid for so I don't have to go home to Canada. My classes became a challenge, and all my friends that I had met seemed to be equally busy. Our relationships began to fade and I slowly found myself isolating myself from the world. It was not a bad thing at all, I found great things to do: watching 3 seasons of 24, 3 seasons of One Tree Hill, finishing Glee, finishing OTH Season 7, finishing House Season 6, catching up on Friday Night Lights, and watching movies with Gage, until that wasn't enough and I started him on One Tree Hill. Between my TV shows, sleep, and music (learning the piano even more, and playing guitar) I was doing just fine! Things began to look bad to my roommates though, either that or they have always just pitied me, probably more of the 2nd, and Austin started to take me places. We started working out on an every other day basis, and I loved getting back active. We would hit up worlds, come back and do ab ripper x and then have our protein. Over the next several weeks we became great friends again, partly because of our time spent together, and partly because he seemed to sleep on my floor for nearly 3 weeks straight because he didn't want to clean off his bed. It was just like old times when we were missionaries. I planned my next great adventure- going to Orlando for his wedding. Kenzie had a small part to play in that as I sat through her trying on wedding dresses on our trip to Salt Lake. It was either that bonding, or the bonding at Tucano's as they told me to stop eating every piece of meat that was brought by, but how could I... I had paid 20 dollars, and for pete's sake I was going to get my money's worth. I couldn't wait to get through the first half of the semester, for multiple reasons, it was a-half over, b-it would get warmer, c-it would be soccer season. I had secretly been hoping for the longest time that we would get a better record than our intramural basketball team who unfortunately went 0-9 in our season. We started with a 2-0 record so far, but I took a few terrible spills after scoring my first goal and here I sit, typing my life story to a webpage who has no feelings because I can't play. I tore my MCL and damaged my meniscus in my left knee. No fun. Classes are going well and I felt the desire over the past few weeks to meet people. I went to Green Canyon with a new group of friends and had a blast! I have now met a few different groups that with time I could find myself opening up to, and perhaps actually enjoying! One other group that is just amazing is our FHE group! We love them to death. I never thought I would enjoy it, heck, last semester I made up every excuse in the book not to go... mostly just the fact that it was time to prepare for planting on the farm, and that took a lot of hours. I have learned a lot about farming this year as well. We did vaccinations a few times on 800 cows, calving season is all but gone past us now, and I have learned to plough and prepare a field for planting, how to plant, and even am learning how to repair the ditches so we can irrigate. Its been an adventure in and of it self going to work with one of my best friends. Tyson, my cousin's husband has been so great. He teaches me many things, like how to tear a radiator out of a semi so we can fix it. I am learning to drive almost anything, and to even fix things now. Its a blast. I am glad I have family here in Rexburg, my cousin and her husband ROCK! Mandi, first off, is the most amazing cook ever, and I will say that til I am married so I don't bite the very hand that feeds me, and Tyson is just one of the funniest people I know.
Things noteworthy of mention of the past few months: first back flip snowboarding (should have been attached in the last section, new friends, new adventures, warm weather, still getting good grades, still not dating (which is fine with me), still watching my drama as often as I can, and still trying to have adventures. We eat out often, Big Jud's, Applebee's, Taco Time, Craigo's at least 2 or 3 times a month with Gage. Going home to Canada 2 times, and tearing my MCL. My brothers amazing starring lead in Raymond Junior High's Beauty and the Beast... and finally getting a new car. Things are great, life is meant to be lived and the newest trend among my blogs will be to close with a line from my favorite song of the week/month....
*todayisthefirstdayofmylife,ithinkiwasblindbeforeimetyou....rememberthetimeyoudroveallnightjusttomeetmeinthmorning*e

1 comment:

  1. I love that song :) I play it on my uke and sing it all the time!

    ReplyDelete