Monday, June 14, 2010

Quizzes, Tests, Stress, and FUN!

What a week! I can't believe all the things that happened. First I guess I will start with the beginning. Monday was a hectic day. I didn't do much, I was feeling slightly handicapped, but I ended up going out to the farm and planting some more corn. I did that Saturday as well. Farming+Tractors+Guns+Horses+Motor bikes= my new addictions! Well Tuesday proved to be a miserable day. I had realized much to late that after working all day homework was to be done. I spent well into the AM working on what I thought was all my assignments..... I was wrong! Tuesday came and I had missed a quiz in Economics, I was quite upset about that. Tuesday was just a long day in general. We had a soccer game... GOT our Killin Em Softly shirts and that was sweet! I found any excuse I could to procrastinate my homework as much as I could and found myself up again, really late doing things that could have easily been accomplished earlier that day. I got up for class Wednesday and was beat. I don't want to encourage this, but if you have an injury, and show up to a 7:45 class and talk to your professors they usually let you go home and take of things.... I went home to sleep, but no one needs to know that! I had my MRI that morning, and that was a painful experience. That is the last time I let a middle aged balding Asian man touch my leg. He clamped me into this harness and shoved a block in to keep my knee straight.... Thank Goodness for the lousy elevator music playing in my earphones, yet every so often, just as I would forget how much it was hurting to have my knee straight, I would hear him come through the phones and say, "this scan will take about 2 minutes..." or "this one will be about 30 seconds..." So much for sleeping to block pain receptors.... after that was all said and done how about the old fat guy in the parking lot who is supposed to shuttle everyone from their cars to the front doors in his souped up golf cart... He sat there and watched me hobble and limp to my car.... HOW RUDE!!! I was not a happy camper that day, and I still haven't hear back from them with the results... its been nearly a week. Canada might have slow health care, but at least they are gentle! Wow, ok... calm down J, just relax.... I have to talk myself through things like that sometimes~.... Planted more corn Wednesday, but if anyone asks it was Tyson. My drill stopped spitting down seed on the middle disc and I am not sure at what point that happened, but a chain fell off, and the middle row didn't get planted for a certain section of the field.... HMMMM but don't tell... I don't want to get in trouble! haha, we fixed the ditches, and ran home for dinner and on to the end of the week. I realized that I had 2 exams that I had yet to open a book for. I was still finding myself ignoring my homework, and I took a hit.... B and C on the exams... hopefully there is a little mercy with the one, and we get to have a curve... but I doubt it. I had a study party... well we tried... Matt planned his weekend, we laughed, got Horkley's and pretty much did nothing... Friday I woke up, studied, wrote out every terms definition for 340 pages, and went to take the test.... not great.. but I am happy I passed.... I watched some world cup, went to work and fixed some stuff, cleaned the shop... and we had a HUGE bonfire Friday night! It was great, I was a human blanket to people, and we roasted some starburst.... I thought Curtis Tucker was going to die again as he climbed to the top of our 10x10x10 pile of wood to pour diesel fuel on it and ignite it... there was someone underneath of him... not sure why... lighting the same fire... not smart... but hey, thats life!~ We partied it up that night, and I don't remember when I got to bed, around 3... but we got up and went fishing at 7 and what an adventure that was. Not a bite... I think the fish knew that it was free fish day and we didn't have any luck. I pulled out alot of stuck hooks, and fixed a few lines and supplied the car and spitz for the adventure so I can't complain. Went to the farm for the remainder of the day, and just chilled, dug in a culvert with Tyson, pulled out my car stereo that I now have to put back in... and then realized that I was late for my date! Guitars unplugged.... shoot... ran home.. coasted into the tesoro on fumes cuz my fuel level was beyond empty... and I got ready and was only a few minutes late.. The show was great, we cooked pancakes and had whip cream and strawberries after and just chilled. Last minute decisions always end up being the most fun I realized, as at 12 midnight be started packing the car and Estaban, Shayne, Alex and I crammed into my car, and headed to Utah. We left Rexburg at 1 AM, got to Shwendiman's at 4:45, slept til church, enjoyed a wonderful homecoming, reunited with a friend, and enjoyed the company of many of my old mission friends and then headed back to Rexburg. I think my friends will eventually kill me... but who knows... I love em all anyways! I love spontaneity! It was great fun... highlights of the trip.... not dying... everyone sleeping but me... playing the singing game where you have to sing the next line of a song.. i think its called singing bee.. and just chilling with some of the coolest people I know! Good times!~

1 comment:

  1. Haha Justin!! In a weird way I am super jealous of your crazy eventful life. I feel lame when I read these and realize I do nothing haha.

    ReplyDelete