Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Sun, Soccer, Swimming, Sushi, Singing, and Sleeping... Sometimes

Today seems to be as good a day as ever to update again. I am starting to spread this blogging addiction around, a few good friends are doing it, and more and more of my family are online updating their "journal" of their life. I love reading my families adventures and seeing me cousins and their children grow. I am grateful for the wonderful technology at our fingertips.
This past week has been a great week of re-connecting. I have been on the same campus as an old mission companion for the past 5 months, and we had not been able to connect until this weekend. It took another friends birthday party, a random trip to Walmart (where we saw him and invited him to the party) and a blind date gone sour that we were all going on to be the buffer/protection for a great friend. In the process we realized how much of an error it was to not be friends for so long... our adventure started out at a super fun birthday party, with ice cream cake and soda pong, but that was a small time together. Saturday started with soccer, the US vs Ghana, and after 123 minutes of play, 2 overtime periods, Ghana defeated the miracle team, and my heart sunk. My friend says, "I can run home and make us a few sushi rolls if you want..." "HECK YA" was my answer, he had started my crazy addiction to 3 things I never thought I would eat, let alone eat them together at the same time, raw fish, seaweed, and hot sauce..... I am so glad I can enjoy the wonderful flavors, and the amazing textures of sushi. We ate the rolls, but it was all to quick, and we decided that we wanted to have a Sushi party. We first want to swim, so a group of us went to the Sand dunes to swim in the lake there. It was a blast, I soaked up as much sun as I could and we enjoyed the lake. We spent the better part of a few hours out there we came back home and made some more delicious sushi. It was fantastic. I realized at the moment that I had outgrown most of the tastes that were influenced on me by my parents. I had been trained to not like fish, and I had been trained to not eat certain things because my parents didn't like them, and hence never eating them of course I would not like them. We feasted upon that sushi as people came over to play games. We had a fairly good turnout for fugitive. I was supposed to be a cop and drive with my knee, but I ended up running, and we made it to the end point without being caught. A lot of people cheated or went home, and so that wasn't fun, but we did have one good round. And that was mostly the end of my night. Today brings clear skies, sunshine, sacrament, more sushi, soccer (world cup not me playing) perhaps some songs sung with my guitar, hopefully a little sleep, and to top off the night I think I get peach cobbler tonight! I love my new friends, I love summer, I love having fun, and being me. I don't have to pretend, I don't have to work hard, I just have some amazing friends who just like me for me!
*noidon'thateyou,don'twannafightyou,youknowi'llalwaysloveyou,butrightnowIjustdon'tlikeyou*

4 comments:

  1. Aww I love sushi and now I totally want some! I don't eat the raw fish kind just because I'm not a seafood eater (my choice and I HAVE tried it!).
    I miss you my friend and I'm glad you got me blogging! Are you coming home anytime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont forget me!!!! It's good to see you having so much fun! Maybe we should merge our friends and have a huge lake trip sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Austin, of course I could never forget you! I think that is a great idea, we could merge friends, or you could just tell me when you are doing something exciting and I will come with you... I just don't like sitting around our house as much, mostly because it gets extremely dirty extremely fast, and I always feel obligated to clean it, a lot, and I just don't want to be that person anymore.... and mostly because I just get bored sometimes and don't like being in school in the summer. But good news is... we are still bestest of friends, and I will forget you! so just let me know man... lake party for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the alliteration in the title. Perfect! speaks to me -- really!

    ReplyDelete